Research Journal Prototype

Helping researchers improve their research  is a fundamental part of my job.  That mission can be taken on in multiple forms.  One of the ways in which I’ve approached the matter is to make a new product, this research journal prototype.

This form is a the product of two diverse inspirations.  First, the process comes from working with nursing students and the need to be able to prove the strength of their searches.   In those disciplines being able to do your search and repeat it is key.  This journal, if used effectively, may make it easier for researchers to mindfully approach their searches and reproduce those searches later and in other databases.  The second, inspiration is David Seah a blogger, designer, freelancer (check out his stuff, its pretty amazing).  He does really complex clever things with paper and excel.  His work inspired me to apply my expertise to a paper for for my patrons.

Hopefully, the journal will work for you.  Feel free to give a try and let me know what you think.

Cheers,

JOC

General Research Journal no limits

Creative Commons License

Research Journal by Jonathan Cain is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at huntercain.commons.gc.cuny.edu.